At the Montreal Children’s Hospital, we believe in partnering with patients and families at all levels to provide the best care possible. We want to hear from you about what we are doing well and work together to develop solutions to improve the patient and family experience.
What is a Family Partner?
A Family Partner is a family member of a child who has received care at the Montreal Children’s Hospital and who provides an important and unique perspective. They work together with staff to influence the hospital’s policies, programs and practices.
What are some of the opportunities for getting involved?
- Share your story during staff meetings, staff orientation and education
- Participate in working groups, committees or projects
- Create and review patient education material
- Collect and analyze patient experience data
- Present in meetings and/or at conferences
- Co-design and co-instruct trainings and workshops
- Engage in the development and implementation of research
What qualifications do I need?
- Be a family member of a child who has received care at the Montreal Children’s Hospital within the past 5 years
- Have a passion for improving the experience of patients and families
- Be comfortable speaking in a group and sharing with others
- Be open to other peoples’ perspectives and ideas
- Agree to respect privacy and confidentiality agreements
What is the time commitment?
There is no specific time commitment required. Family partners typically volunteer 1 to 4 hours per month, however, the time commitment is flexible and will be matched according to your availability and the activity you join.