Terms and conditions
2016-2017 SUPPORT FOR PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE: TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Note that the program is now hosted on the Montreal Children’s Hospital website. You will find all information about the training sessions under the “Health professionals”tab on the Hospital’s website.
- Registrations will be accepted up to forty-eight (48) hours before the videoconference.
- If you wish to attend in person, please advise us by email at email@example.com. You will be sent the room number at the MUHC (1001 boul. Décarie, Montreal) in the acknowledgement of receipt.
- It’s best to appoint one contact person per site (installation) or for your institution.
- Before registering a site, you must have booked a room for the duration of the videoconference, including the pre-test (30-minute period prior to the start of the session, to connect the equipment and resolve any technical problems). You must also know the technical specifications for the equipment that will be used (IP address).
- The training documents will be posted as of the Friday prior to the videoconference (PowerPoint presentation, etc). To access the documents, you must create a user account.
- Once you are connected to the videoconference, it is important that you mute your microphone and switch it on only when you are speaking. This will avoid creating interference during the pre-test and the presentation.
- If you experience technical difficulties, do not hesitate to contact your technician immediately and, if necessary, the Telehealth Expertise and Coordination Centre (CECoT) at 514-412-4294 or 1-877 536-3202.
- Training sessions are recorded as they appear on screen. When a participant speaks, the image of the site appears on screen and is recorded as part of the videoconference. Past training sessions are available in the Support for Professional Pactice space on the Montreal Children’s Hospital website for viewing at a later date.
- It is important to fill out the satisfaction questionnaire in the details section of each training session. Access to the training sessions is free for you, but still requires financial support. In order to maintain these services, we need to justify the need for them.
- To receive a certificate of participation for an accredited continuing education session, simply log into your account and fill out the satisfaction questionnaire to access the certificate.
- Accredited sessions have been approved by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and by the College of Family Physicians of Canada (more details found here / add linkhttps://www.thechildren.com/healthcare-professionals/support-professional-practice/accreditation). The continuing medical education units or training credits are recognized for physicians, nurses, and nutritionists by their respective professional orders.
We trust that our community will continue to benefit from these terms and conditions. Feel free to contact us should you require more information.
We look forward to seeing you!
Anie Chiasson, Senior Advisor