Close-up on our Glen site
The new Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and the new Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
The new Montreal Children’s Hospital at the Glen site is a modern healthcare facility. Designed with the input of our staff, the Neonatal and Pediatric Intensive Care Units are efficient departments that support today’s best practices and make providing world-class care to our patients easier.
Situated on level 6 of block B, the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) will contain:
- 52 single-patient rooms (4 x 13-room pods) that can accommodate critically ill patients
- 2 family lounges with kitchenettes: one waiting area is located just outside the unit where visitors first arrive. Family lockers and comfortable furniture will be provided at this location.
- 3 dedicated rooms for patients and families to rest and/or stay the night, with shared washrooms and showers.
- A multi-use consultation room located just beyond the family/visitor entrance
Situated on level 6 of block B, the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) will contain:
- 12 single-patient rooms
- A dedicated entrance with a central reception area that restricts circulation of visitors so that they can be prepared before entering the patient care area.
- A family lounge is located at the front of the unit. A kitchenette will also be built into the lounge.
- 2 dedicated rooms for patients and families to rest and/or stay the night with shared washrooms and showers.
The new NICU (left) and PICU (right) at a glance:
Building a better hospital for our kids
Mother and child care under one roof
Plans for new family resource centre highlight importance of patient- and family-centred care
New plans for pediatric Cardiac Diagnostic Centre aim to increase efficiency and centralize services
Cutting-edge design makes for cutting-edge Emergency Departments at the Glen
The Montreal Children’s Hospital on the Glen: Sweeter Dreams at the new Sleep Lab
Brand new veins for the Glen site
Working in Harmony: Adjacencies at the Glen Campus
Elevators and corridors—a smooth operating network for the Glen Campus