1. If you do not have a hospital card for your child, please arrive 15 minutes ahead of your appointment in order to get a hospital card made.
2. Please bring a valid Medicare card (RAMQ) with you if you have one otherwise you will have to pay for your visit and the RAMQ will reimburse you later.
3. If this is your first visit in Dermatology or your child has not been seen for over 2 years, you need a referral to obtain an appointment with us, which you have already faxed or sent by email. Please bring the original with you on the day of your appointment and hand it to the clerk that checks you in at registration.
4. Your child may have already received and tried treatments/creams for their skin problem before their appointment. Please bring all previous treatments to your appointment (even if it is not your first time) to help the Dermatology team serve you better. The doctors may need to use your products to explain the proper use of treatments and to better understand your child’s condition. If this is not possible, a transcript or print out from your pharmacist is acceptable.
5. It is important to respect your appointment time, as arriving late disturbs the entire flow of the clinic. We will make every effort to see your child although you may have to wait as others will be seen before you. If you are on time, please understand that you may not be seen exactly at the time the appointment is scheduled as our clinics are extremely busy. There is a high demand for our services and sometimes there are emergencies that need to be dealt with immediately. Our first priority is to offer quality care, which in certain cases takes more time. We are sorry for any inconvenience long wait times may cause you.