Adam J. Shapiro, MD, Pediatric Respirologist
I was the mascot for the Washington Post and Domino’s Pizza at professional sporting events.
- Associate Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University
- Associate Professor, Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University
- Investigator, Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre, Child Health and Human Development Research Program
- Medical Director, The PCD Foundation Clinical and Research Center Network
- Lead Site Investigator, The Genetic Disorders of Mucociliary Clearance Consortium
- Nominating Committee Member, The American Thoracic Society
- Scientific Advisory Committee (past member), The American Thoracic Society
- Committee Chair of the PCD Diagnostic Guidelines, The American Thoracic Society
- Director, Flexible Bronchoscopy Program, Montreal Children’s Hospital
- Director, Pediatric Respirology Resident and Student Clinical Rotations, McGill University, Montreal Children’s Hospital
University of Virginia
University of North Carolina
University of North Carolina
Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia; Overlapping Ciliopathies; Idiopathic Bronchiectasis; Upper Airway Disease in Chronic Respiratory Illness; Nasal Nitric Oxide in Rare Diseases; Genetic Discovery in Rare Lung Disease; Cystic Fibrosis
-Zysman-Colman ZN, Kaspy KR, Alizadehfar R, NyKamp KR, Zariwala MA, Knowles MR, Vinh DC, Shapiro AJ. Nasal Nitric Oxide in Primary Immunodeficiency and Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia: Helping to Distinguish Between Clinically Similar Diseases. J Clin Immunol. 2019 Feb;39(2):216-224. doi: 10.1007/s10875-019-00613-8.
-Shapiro AJ, Davis SD, Polineni D, et al. Diagnosis of Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia: An Official ATS Clinical Practice Guideline. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2018 Jun 15;197(12):e24-e39. doi: 10.1164/rccm.201805-0819ST.
-Shapiro AJ, Josephson M, Rosenfeld M, et al. Accuracy of nasal nitric oxide measurement as a diagnostic test for primary ciliary dyskinesia: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Ann. Am. Thorac. Soc. 2017 Jul;14(7):1184-1196. doi: 10.1513/AnnalsATS.201701-062SR.
- Shapiro AJ, Zariwala MA, Ferkol T, et al. Diagnosis, monitoring, and treatment of primary ciliary dyskinesia: PCD foundation consensus recommendations based on state of the art review. Pediatr Pulmonol. 2016 Feb;51(2):115-32. doi: 10.1002/ppul.23304. Epub 2015 Sep 29.
- Shapiro AJ, Davis SD, Ferkol TF, Dell SD, Rosenfeld M, Olivier K, Sagel S, Milla C, Zariwala MA, Wolff W, Carson JL, Hazucha MJ, Burns K, Robinson B, Knowles MR, Leigh MW. Laterality defects other than situs inversus totalis in primary ciliary dyskinesia: Insights into situs ambiguus and heterotaxy. Chest. 2014 Nov 1;146(5):1176-86. doi: 10.1378/chest.13-1704.
Room: A S1.3333, Glen site
To make an appointment with a physician for a Respiratory Medicine Consultation please send your referral via fax:
- Fax: 514-412-4266
- Fax: 514-412-4364
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 514-412-4444