Giuseppina (Giosi) Di Meglio, MD, MPH, FRCPSC, FSAHM, Adolescent Medicine Specialist
My children have taught me a lot about being a good pediatrician and adolescent physician. They keep me humble.
2001 Excellence in Teaching Award â€“ Valley Family Residency Program 1996 Samuel W. Clausen Fellowship, University of Rochester 1994 Daniel Leight Award for Social Medicine, Residency Program in Social Medicine, Montefiore Hospital 1991 University Medal for Academic Excellence in Medicine, Memorial University
Program Director, Adolescent Medicine Residency Course Co-Director, Introduction to Pediatrics
- Canadian Pediatric Society: Adolescent Committee
- Society for Adolescent Health and Medicine: International Chapter President and Interational Representative on the Board of Directors
- BS Biology, Cum Laude, Concordia University, Canada, 1983
- Masters in Public Health, University of Rochester, NY, USA, 1998
MD, BMed, Memorial University of Newfoundland, 1991
Residency Program in Social Pediatrics, Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College, 1994
Adolescent Medicine Fellowship, University of Rochester School of Medicine, NY, 1997
- Access to Health Care Services for Adolescents
- Sexual and Reproductive Care in Adolescents
- Eating Disorders in Adolescents
MacDonald JM,* Gagnon AJ, Mitchell C, Di Meglio G, Rennick JE, Cox J. â€œInclude Them and They Will Tell You: Learnings from a Participatory Process with Youth.â€ Qualitative Health Research. 2011; 21(8): 1127-1135. MacDonald, J, Gagnon, AJ, Mitchell, C, Di Meglio, G, Rennick, JE, Cox, J. â€œAsking to Listen: Towards a Youth Perspective on Sexual Health Education and Needs.â€ Sex Education. 2011; 11(4): 443-457. Di Meglio G, McDermott MP, Klein JD. â€œA randomized controlled trial of telephone peer supportâ€™s influence on breastfeeding duration in adolescent mothers.â€ Breastfeeding Medicine. 2010; 5(1): 41-47. Agostino, H, Di Meglio G. "Low-dose oral contraceptives in adolescents: how low can you go?" Journal of Pediatric & Adolescent Gynecology. 2010; 23(4): 195-201.