Jarred Garfinkle, MD, MSc, FRCP, Neonatologist
I like biking and kayaking with my family.
- Society for Pediatric Research Richard D. Rowe Award for Clinical Research (2019)
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research Fellowship (2018-2020)
- Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatrics, McGill University
- Investigator, Research Institute, McGill University Health Centre
- Master of Science, Institute of Medical Sciences, University of Toronto
- Collaborative Program in Neuroscience, University of Toronto
- Clinician Investigator Program, University of Toronto
- MDCM, McGill University, Canada
- Resident, Department of Pediatrics, McGill University, Canada
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine, University of Toronto, Canada
- Sick Kids Neonatal Neurology Fellowship, University of Toronto, Canada
My research focuses on understanding the antecedents and learning how to best manage brain injury in preterm newborns. Brain injury and neurodevelopment in at-risk newborns
- Antecedents of preterm brain dysmaturation
- Outcome following preterm brain injury
Preterm, brain injury, brain development, neurodevelopment
- Garfinkle J, Boychuck Z, Li P, Bussières A, Majnemer A. What early clinical signs should prompt referral for diagnosis of cerebral palsy? A Scoping review. Ped Neurol 2020;102:56-61.
- Garfinkle J, Yoon EW, Alvaro R, Nwaesei C, Claveau M, Lee SK, Shah PS. Trends in sex-specific differences in outcomes in extreme preterms: progress or natural barriers? Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 2020;105:158-163.
- Garfinkle J, Miller SP. The placenta and neurodevelopment in preterm newborns. NeoReviews 2018; 19:e456-e466.