Melanie Duval, MDCM MSc FRCSC Pediatric Otolaryngologist
In the winter, if I'm not at the hospital I can be found on a ski slope.
Assistant Professor, McGill University
- Co-Director of Temporal Bone Laboratory and Temporal Drilling Course
- Co-Director of Pediatric Otolaryngology Fellowship
- Master in Epidemiology - School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, University of London, 2013
- Certificate in Health Economics and Outcomes Research - University of Washington, 2016
McGill University, 2008
University of Ottawa, 2013
University of Utah, 2014
- Velopharyngeal dysfunction
- Chronic ear disease
- Congenital hearing loss
- Health economics of pediatric otolaryngology disorders
- Quality of life in children with pediatric otolaryngology disorders
Duval M., Wilkes J., Korgenski K., Srivastava R., Meier J. Causes, costs and risk factors for unplanned return visits after adenotonsillectomy in children. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 2015;79(10):1640-6.
Duval M., Meier J, Muntz HR, Grimmer JF, Park AH. The Effect of Age on Pediatric Tympanoplasty Outcomes: A Comparison of Preschool and Older Children. Int J Pediatr Otolaryngol 2015;79(3):336-41.
Duval M., Tarasidis G., Grimmer J.F., Muntz H.R., Park A.H., Smith M., Asfour, F., Meier J. Role of Operative Airway Evaluation in Children with Recurrent Croup: A Retrospective Cohort Study. Clin Otolaryngol 2015;40(3):227-33.
Park AH, Duval M, McVicar S, Bale JF, Hohler N, Carey JC. A Diagnostic Paradigm Including Cytomegalovirus Testing for Idiopathic Pediatric Sensorineural Hearing Loss. Laryngoscope. 2014;124(11):2624-9.
Duval M, Chung JC, Vaccani JP. A case-control study of repeated adenoidectomy in children. JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2013;139(1)32-6.