Explore the Montreal Children’s Hospital
The Montreal Children’s Hospital’s transition to the Glen has been carefully thought out. We’ve built facility where patients can receive the most advanced medical care and where research and teaching are integrated into all our activities.
We consider our values - caring, collaboration, support, innovation, passion and family-focused care – to be our most priceless commodity and each and every person who works at The Children’s will instinctively and effortlessly transport these values to our new facility.
State-of-the-art care for your child
- Our 154 single patient rooms help reduce the spread of infection, while parents have a space to keep their children company both day and night;
- As much as possible, care comes to patients rather than making families travel throughout the hospital to access different services;
- Our 6 state-of-the-art operating rooms are designed especially for children and our 6 intervention rooms maximize the amount of patient care we can provide;
- Our new pediatric emergency department is twice as big as our old facility;
- A neonatal intensive care unit is located next door to the birthing centre so that sick newborns get the care they need a quickly as possible. The space also includes dedicated rooms for multiples, allowing twins and triplets to stay together;
- Our young patients who reach adulthood are able to make a seamless transition from pediatric care to adult care, meaning less worry about moving to a new hospital or getting used to a new health team.
A child-friendly environment
Though we’re dedicated to providing exceptional pediatric medicine, the Montreal Children’s Hospital understands that its patients are still kids:
- Joyful colours and soothing materials help reduce the stress of being in the hospital. When patients have to go for medical imaging exams, colourful ceiling decorations make the space inviting and interactive;
- Special resources are available, such as a modern and spacious Family Resource Centre, which includes a family conference room, a business centre complete with internet access, printing and faxing services and Wi-Fi, as well as a more complete consumer health library. Other perks include skylights, soothing and relaxing design, and proximity to elevators, main entrance, our Child Life department and ambulatory clinics;
- Playrooms and an outdoor playground are available for kids to enjoy;
- Each private room comes with a flat screen television and entertainment packages.
Child Life Specialists provide expert care
Our Child Life Specialists are a very important part of the hospital experience. Child Life Specialists are trained professionals with backgrounds in child development, education and related fields. In addition to play, they use a variety of educational and creative techniques to help improve the quality of life for children and their families who are dealing with a healthcare experience. They organize movie nights, coordinate our pet therapy program and cooking program, among other activities.
Innovation and research
The Montreal Children’s Hospital is a pioneer in the fields of cardiology, neurology, plastic surgery, gastroenterology, otolaryngology and many others. Our spirit of innovation will continues to flourish. Since our move to the Glen site, we inaugurated the Centre for Innovative Medicine (CIM), a multi-purpose unit where patients and their families can participate in clinical research, including clinical trials.