Flu: Where to get your flu vaccine
The flu vaccine is recommended and offered free of charge to people who are at higher risk of complications, such as:
- Children aged 6 months to 17 years who have certain chronic diseases;
- Adults who have certain chronic diseases (including pregnant women, regardless the stage of pregnancy);
- Pregnant women, in the second and third trimesters of their pregnancy;
- People aged 75 years and over.
To reduce the risk of contamination, the flu vaccine is also offered free of charge to:
- Family members who live in the same household of a child under 6 months of age or a person at higher risk of being hospitalized and to their caregivers;
- Health care workers.
Flu vaccination is also free of charge to:
- Healthy children from 6 to 23 months old;
- Healthy people from 60 to 74 years old.
The flu vaccine is also offered free of charge to people who have certain chronic diseases since they can be more susceptible to complications from the flu. To consult an extensive list of these diseases, click here .
If you qualify for the free government program
To find out where and when you can get vaccinated under the government program, click on any of the links below to view information from your local Integrated Health and Social Services Centre (CISSS) or Integrated University Health and Social Services Centre (CIUSSS). If you don’t know which CISSS or CIUSS you belong to, click here to find out via your postal code.
- CIUSSS du Centre-Ouest-de-l’Île-de-Montréal
- CIUSSS du Centre-Sud-de-l’Île-de-Montréal
- CIUSSS de l’Est-de-l’Île-de-Montréal
- CIUSSS du Nord-de-l’Île-de-Montréal
- CIUSSS de l’Ouest-de-l’Île-de-Montréal
- South-West residents can also get the flu shot at Clinique communautaire Pointe-Saint-Charles: Clinique communautaire Pointe-Saint-Charles
For all other regions, consult this comprehensive list.
Many pharmacies also offer free vaccinations for clients who qualify for the government program. Make sure to call or consult your local pharmacy’s website to find out about making an appointment.
If you do not qualify for the free government program
Flu vaccination is beneficial to everyone, not just individuals targeted by the free government program. Many pharmacies offer flu vaccination at a small cost and appointments can be made either by phone or online. Consult the following list of Quebec pharmacies to find an appointment closest to you.
Learn more about the flu and how to prevent it:
- Flu Vaccination Program , Québec.ca