Registering to access a family doctor

Access to care constitutes Quebeckers' main frustration when asked about their healthcare experience.

The most rapid way to initiate treatment for a health issue is to go to your family doctor rather than the hospital emergency department.

If you do not have a family doctor, the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and Social Services offer a simple way to register. Simply enter your postal code in the space provided below.

You will then be prompted either to contact the Health and Social Services Centre (CSSS) in your area by phone or by filling out the online form.

MUHC specialists will always be available to meet your needs upon reference from your family doctor.