Children, including teens, are most vulnerable when it comes to cannabis and its effects and can become very ill following its ingestion. Younger children are more susceptible to poisoning because of their smaller size. Cannabis products, especially edibles, are particularly enticing to young children and must be locked out of sight and out of reach.  If ingestion is suspected, please seek urgent medical attention. 

If you choose to have cannabis in your home, follow these safety tips to ensure children are not accidentally exposed to the drug: