Mobile or displaced teeth
If the tooth is not displaced and there is blood around its collar
- It is concussed or subluxated.
- It might need to be stabilized.
- Call the Dental Department or send the patient to the emergency department.
If the tooth is mobile
The dentist must check the integrity of the root and possibly splint the tooth.
If the tooth is displaced
The speed with which it is repositioned will help in maintaining its vitality.
The tooth is avulsed or severely displaced
- Call the Dental Department immediately.
- If possible, replace the tooth in its original position.
- If not possible, place the tooth in cold milk.