Small electrical appliances
- Cover all electrical outlets with protective covers.
- Do not overload electrical outlets or extension cords.
- Keep electrical appliances away from sinks and bathtubs.
- Do not let electrical cords dangle from countertops.
- Unplug electrical cords and place the appliance in a safe place with the cord out of reach of children after each use.
- Do not leave small electrical appliances unattended at any time when in use.
- Never place a small electrical appliance on a low surface where a child could grab it or pull on the electrical cord.
Les chocs électriques chez les jeunes enfants (French only) - Magazine enfants Québec, juillte -août 2010
Reviewed by Trauma specialists at the Montreal Children’s Hospital.
Last updated: July 2013, January 2016