How to apply to become a volunteer
If you are able to commit to the above requirements, please complete our application form (link).
Please review the following requirements before submitting your application. You must:
- be at least 17 years of age (19 years of age to volunteer on the inpatient wards),
- commit to three hours per week for a six-month period (six hours per week for the summer programs from early June to end of August) ,
- agree to a police check,
- agree to have your immunizations updated and blood work if required, and
- sign a consent form for reference checks.
Please be advised that because of the high volume of applications we receive, we may not be able to place you in a volunteer activity at this time. However, if an opportunity is available, we will get back to you about the next steps in your application.
If selected, we will contact you to complete the following additional requirements:
- we’ll set up an interview with you at the hospital,
- we’ll ask you to fill out a form to authorize a police check (standard requirement to ensure the health and safety of our patients and their families),
- you’ll receive an appointment with one of our healthcare professionals to have your immunizations updated, and
- you’ll take part in an orientation training session.
Please note, in addition to these requirements, every volunteer must undergo a probationary period of three weeks.