Fisher Price recalls millions of children’s toys over safety concerns
The recall affects the following products:
Fisher-Price Trikes and Tough Trikes, which are tricycles intended for children 2 to 5 years of age. The trikes come in a variety of models:
- Hot Wheels Trike (model # 72633)
- Lil' Kawasaki Trike (model # 72642), Kawasaki Trike (model # 72792), and Kawasaki Tough Trike (model #B8775 and #N6021)
- Boys Tough Trike (model # 72643) and Girls Tough Trike (model # 72644)
- Barbie Free Spirit Trike (model # 72639), Barbie Tough Trike (model #B8776), and Barbie Tough Trike Princess Ride-On (model # M5727)
- Dora the Explorer Tough Trike (model # K6672)
- Diego Tough Trike (model # K6673 and #V4270)
- Thomas Tough Trike (model # T6209)
Fisher-Price is also recalling more than one million Healthy Care, Easy Clean and Close to Me High Chairs, after 14 reports of problems. Seven children needed stitches, the commission said.
- Easy Clean High Chair (model #s H9178, J4011, J6292, J8229)
- Close to Me High Chair (model # H8906)
- Healthy Care High Chair (model #s 79638, 79639, 79640, 79641, B0326, B2105, B2875, C4630, C4632, C5936, G4406, G8659, H0796, H1152, H4864, H7241, K2927, L1912)
Also included in the recall are about 100,000 Fisher-Price Little People Wheelies Stand 'n Play Rampway toys. The wheels on the purple and green cars can come off, posing a choking hazard.
Other recalls involve the following additional toys:
- More than 2.8 million Baby Playzone Crawl & Cruise Playground toys.
- Baby Playzone Crawl & Slide Arcade toys.
- Baby Gymtastics Play Wall toys.
- Ocean Wonders Kick & Crawl Aquarium toys.
- 1-2-3 Tetherball toys and Bat & Score Goal toys.