Health Canada recalls nearly 24 000 drop-side cribs
Monday, June 28, 2010 - 09:32
June 24, 2010: Health Canada recalls nearly 24 000 drop-side cribs over concerns about the possible danger of hardware breaking or becoming damaged, causing the drop-side to detach. If the drop-side detaches, it could create a space between the side of the crib and the mattress. Infants and toddlers could roll into this space and may become entrapped, which could lead to suffocation or strangulation, or they could fall out of the crib.
The new recall from Health Canada includes:
- Drop-side Cribs by Delta Enterprise Corp
- Drop-Side Crib by Dorel Distribution Canada
- "Scandi" model Drop-side Cribs made by LaJobi Inc
- Drop-side Cribs by Simmons Juvenile Products
- Drop-side Cribs by Million Dollar Baby.
For more information, visit Health Canada consumer product recalls.