MCH Trauma conducts car seat verification clinics in June 2010
According to the société de l’assurance automobile du Québec (SAAQ), every year in Québec, around 1250 children age 9 or under die or are injured in automobile accidents. When car seats are used correctly, the probability of death or serious injury is reduced by up to 70%.
MCH Trauma experts will be conducting car seat verification clinics on:
- June 8, 2010 at the Hampstead Public Safety day between 5pm and 8pm.
- June 10 and 15, 2010 for the parents whose children attend Papillon Daycare.
They will be verifying children’s car seats to ensure that the:
- car seat is appropriate for the child’s height and weight
- car seat is properly installed
- child is well secured in the car seat
Furthermore, information packages will be provided to parents with details regarding child safety seats and a list of local child car seat verification centres.
Lisa Grilli and Carlo Galli at