Partial closure of Lambert-Closse street and Atwater ave beginning February 17th, 2014
Montreal’s Commission des services électriques (CSEM) in partnership with Bell will begin upgrading their networks of underground conduits on Lambert-Closse street and Atwater ave. between St. Catherine and Tupper starting February 17th, 2014. This work is taking place before the redevelopment of Cabot Square, which the borough will begin in the summer of 2014.
Schedule of planned work
CSEM and Bell’s work will begin the week of February 17th and is scheduled to last about 10 weeks. The work will take place on:
- Lambert-Closse street (east side), between St. Catherine and Tupper. This work will take approximately 4 weeks to complete, and will take place Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.;
- Atwater ave (east side), between St. Catherine and Tupper. This work is scheduled to last about 10 weeks, taking place Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
One or more lanes may need to be closed as the work gets underway. Car traffic will be diverted but maintained at all times. Please note that:
- Parking will be prohibited in the areas affected by the ongoing work;
- Given that the ductwork is often under sidewalks, pedestrians will be guided towards safe walking paths along affected streets;
- Access to institutions and businesses will be maintained at all times;
- STM transit will be active during the work. Some bus stops may be temporarily displaced.
We are mindful that some of this work may be inconvenient. Please rest assured that all necessary measures to reduce any negative impacts will be taken. Thank you for your cooperation.
Should you wish to make any comments about this ongoing work, please call 311.