MOC Section 3 Activities
Maintenance of Certification (MOC)
Collège des Médecins du Québec (CMQ) CPD Requirements
For every 5-year period, actively licensed MDs require at least 250 hours (not credits) of CPD activity related to the physician’s practice which include:
- At least 125 hours of recognized professional development activities (RCPSC – MOC Section 1), with a minimum of 25 hours per year;
- At least 10 hours of recognized practice assessment activities (RCPSC - MOC Section 3);
- At most 115 hours of non-recognized CPD activity.
For more information, you can view a free recorded webinar given by Dr. Sam Daniel titled "Demystifying the CMQ CPD Requirements", visit the CMQ website CMQ CPD Requirements, or read the detailed guide titled "CMQ CPD Requirement Guide".
Royal College MOC Requirements
Deadline to report 2022 MOC activities is January 31, 2023.
Obtain at least 40 credits per year and at least 400 credits in total per cycle
- At least 400 credits for per cycle.
- At least 25 credits in each of the three MOC sections (this is a cycle requirement not an annual one).
- At least 40 credits per year.
Section 3 MOC Activities
3 credits per hour of assessment.
Below you will find 2 section 3 MOC activities:
- The module on Role Modeling provided by the Department of Pediatrics provides you with:
- The E-lecture on Feedback and Coaching provides you with: