Preoperative Evaluation Clinic (PEC) and Surgical Day Centre (SDC)
Preoperative COVID-19 testing documents for families:
- How to prepare your child for a COVID-19 swab test
- Where and how to get tested
- Additional pre-opertaive service instructions
- If your child is undergoing a day surgery procedure, please sign in at the registration desk in the Surgery and Interventions Centre at B03.3103 . Make sure your child has a hospital card before you register.
- Your child will not be allowed to eat or drink anything before the surgery; you'll receive specific instructions about this before the day of the surgery. It is very important that your child follow the surgery food and drink (fasting) instructions. For safety reasons, your child’s surgery may be delayed or cancelled if these instructions are not followed.
- During your child’s surgery, we ask you not to leave the hospital. It is very important that we can reach you during and after the surgery. When the surgery is over, we will call you so that you may meet your child in the Recovery Room, also known as the Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU).
- You'll be able to leave the hospital once the doctor says your child is feeling well enough to go home.
Refer a patient
- Room B 03.3103
- To make an appointment, please contact the surgical service secretary
- To cancel an appointment: 514-412-4400 ext. 22876
- Fax : 514 412-4285