The McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) is committed to making our hospitals as accessible as possible for persons of limited mobility. Please contact your health care team prior to your appointment to advise them of any accessibility assistance needed during your visit.
Getting to the Montreal Children's Hospital
The STM’s paratransit program offers door-to-door public transit service for eligible persons on a reservation basis. Drop off and pick up is at the Montreal Children’s Hospital main entrance. Find out more about the paratransit program by visiting the STM website.
Wheelchair-accessible parking is available at the entrance of the Montreal Children’s Hospital parking lot with clearly identified signage.
Our team of dedicated support staff works with the health care team to lift and transport patients in a safe, respectful, friendly and professional manner. Please ask a volunteer or someone at the information desk (front entrance, level RC) to locate a member of our transport staff if required.
Wheelchairs are available at all of our main hospital entrances. If no wheelchairs are available, please ask the information desk or a volunteer to phone the transport department and order a wheelchair to be brought to you.
- Publications in English - Office des personnes handicapées du Québec (OPHQ)
- Under one roof: promotional leaflet for the Personnes handicapées profile on Québec.ca
- Programs, measures and services for the parents of a child with a disability
- Guides for patients and families
- Access for people with disabilities: the MUHC's action plan