Annual Specialty Day: Pediatric Surgery for the Non Surgeon
One-Day Virtual Course
EARLY BIRD Registration Deadline: January 7, 2022
While designed primarily for family physicians and pediatricians, these courses also welcome nurses, residents, students and allied health care workers.
Topics covered include:
- Breast Lesions in Children and Adolescents
- Common Adolescent Sports Injuries
- Fetal Swollen Kidneys: Contemporary Management of Congenital Hydronephrosis
- Evaluation and Management of Strabismus
- Pediatric Dentistry for the Primary Care Provider
- Sniffles: An Update on Pediatric Rhinosinusitis
- Orthopedic Problems of the Neonate and Infant
- Evaluation and Management of the Drooling Child
- Scoliosis and Chest Wall Anomalies
- Head and Neck Lesions in Children
- Crooked Heads: Plagiocephaly and Synostosis
- The Child Whose Belly Hurts
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize common pediatric diagnoses that require the care of a pediatric surgeon.
- Understand the appropriate work-up of common pediatric surgical conditions.
- Understand the indications for referral to a pediatric surgeon or pediatric dentist.
- Understand the contemporary outcomes of common pediatric surgical conditions.
There are 3 ways to register:
- online at https://www.pedscourses-mch-mcgill.ca/eng/register.php;
- fax us your completed Registration Form including your credit card number;
- mail in your completed Registration Form with a cheque or credit card number.
To obtain the registration form by email or by fax, please e-mail us at [email protected] or call us at 1-450-292-3456, ext. 227.
Random Draw: 15 Lucky Residents
Compliments of the Department of Pediatric Surgery Mirella and Lino Saputo Foundation Chair in Pediatric Surgical Education and Patient and Family-Centered Care, 15 residents, randomly chosen, will be reimbursed for their specialty day registration.* The winners, whether they registered for the Annual Specialty Day: Pediatric Surgery for Non Surgeons or for the full 3-day course, will receive a refund of $195 CDN.
* Must be registered by the early bird deadline of January 7, 2022, to be included in the draw.
For more information, please visit www.pedscourses-mch-mcgill.ca