Public notice: closure of Tupper Street starting March 10th for a period of 2 weeks
The borough of Ville-Marie is informing the public that due to work on underground infrastructure by the Commission services of electrical Montreal (CSEM), the following partial road closure will take pace:
- Atwater Avenue, between St. Catherine and Tupper
Timeline for required work:
- Work set to begin: March 10th at 7:00 a.m.
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Working hours: Monday to Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Atwater Avenue will be closed to traffic, affecting one or more lanes on the east side, for a period of 4 weeks. Northbound traffic will be maintained at all times. Southbound traffic will not be affected.
Tupper Street as well as Atwater Avenue up into the intersection with Lambert-Closse Street will be closed to through traffic for 2 weeks, begining March 10th. Local traffic will be permitted and parking on the street will be maintained.
Pedestrians and buses:
- Ductwork is often placed under sidewalks, and as such, pedestrians will be guided to safe routes when necessary.
- Access to institutions and businesses will be maintained at all times.
- Local transit will remain active during the work. Some bus stops will be moved temporarily.
- Please take note of the signs in place during construction.
We are mindful that some of this work may be inconvenient. Please rest assured that all necessary measures to reduce any negative impacts will be taken. Thank you for your cooperation.
Should you wish to make any comments about this ongoing work, please call 311.