Donation policies for gifts and toys
Thank you for thinking of our patients and families. Due to the circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, please note that no drop-in donations will be accepted, and that donations by appointment only will be accepted for a limited time. Please consult the information below to plan your donation.
Please consult our Wish List for appropriate and acceptable toys and gifts needed at the Montreal Children’s Hospital.
The Child Life Department helps infants, children, adolescents and family members cope with the healthcare experience by offering them opportunities for play and developmentally appropriate activities. Your donation can go a long way towards brightening a hospital stay.
Although we greatly appreciate your donation, please note a few guidelines also need to be followed:
- Due to infection control and allergies, we are unable to accept used or handmade toys or items of any kind. This includes stuffed animals that have only been on display.
- All donations must be new and not gift wrapped.
- We are unable to accept toys or action figures with violent themes, and DVDs rated 18+.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO MAKE A DONATION
If you would like to make a donation to the Montreal Children’s Hospital, please refer to the following steps to schedule an appointment for your donation:
- Please email email@example.com with your full name, phone number and the items you will be donating.
- Please note that a representative will respond to your request within 1 to 2 working days.
- If your request is approved, you will receive an email with a link to SignUp Genius to book your appointment, as well as guidelines to follow during the drop off of your donation.
- A confirmation email from SignUp Genius will be sent confirming your appointment date and time.
Please note that donations will only be accepted by appointment. Thank you again for your generosity. It is greatly appreciated.
For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Support us with a donation
You can also support us with a financial donation, which will help us purchase additional toys year round. Please specify Child Life Department on your donation to ensure that the funds will go directly to improving the quality of life for children at the hospital.
Thank you for thinking of the Children’s.