Care at home after a day surgery
- Quiet activities today with close supervision.
- Resume regular activities according to your surgeon’s instructions.
May go back to school as specified by his surgeon
May have a bath the next day
For pain, give Acetaminophen (Tylenol or Tempra) every 4 hours if needed.
- Give water, apple juice, popsicle, flat Ginger ale or Jell-O for one to two hours.
- If tolerated, proceed with a soft diet such as soup, yogourt, ice cream and cereal.
- Tomorrow, he/she may be given a normal diet.
Parents please note
If you are concerned, please call the Montreal Children's Hospital at 514-412-4400 and ask for the physician on call, or come to the emergency room of the hospital.
Post-anesthesia Care Unit
7C Surgical Unit