Getting a hospital card
Each patient must get a hospital card before their first visit to the MCH. The registration desk issues red plastic hospital cards for all new patients at the hospital.
Before your first appointment, please stop by the Registration Desk at C RC 0036 near the 1st floor main entrance to register your child and obtain a card.
Glen site (Montreal Children's Hospital)
· RC level near the Royal Victoria Hospital main entrance (C RC.0036)
· Open 7 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. - Monday to Friday
Be sure to also bring the following identification and information during your first visit:
- your child's Montreal Children's Hospital card (if your child does not have a hospital card you can get one at the Admissions office on the first floor near the main entrance at C RC 0036)
- Medicare card
- details of your health insurance plan (if you have one)
- your child's immunization record
- any medical information from your child's doctor or pediatrician
- your child’s medications to show the doctors and nurses which medications your child takes at home
The Admitting Clerk will also need your child’s doctor’s name, address and telephone number. This will help the hospital keep your family doctor or pediatrician informed of your child’s care.